This policy may be amended as new features, technology, or legal requirements arise, so please check back from time to time.
What information does Retana collect and receive?
Retana was created to assist you with your visual information, which means you can upload any images (or "Content") for AI analysis. We also collect and receive the following types of information:
- Basic subscriber information. To open your account, we collect and receive basic information like your email address.
- Log data. When you use Retana, we collect data to understand how you and others access and use the Service, as well as information about actions you take when using the Service. This information helps us provide the Service to you, learn how the Service is used, and identify and suggest ways we can make the Service more useful to you.
- Location information. We collect — if you choose to share it — your location information from a mobile device. This helps us localize the Service for you and, depending on your location settings, allows us to show you relevant content accessible from your account.
- Device information. We collect information about the number and type of devices you use to connect to the Service, as well as information about the operating systems on those devices to ensure the Service works as expected for you.
How does Retana use my information?
We have specific rules for how and when we use the information we collect and receive. We describe these below.
What does RETANA do with my information?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. Below, we describe the ways in which we use the information we collect and receive to provide, maintain, and improve the Service; to provide troubleshooting and customer support; to protect the Service for all our users; and to contact you.
- We use a number of technologies to help you get the most out of the Service. Our systems automatically analyze your data to power Retana features and to continually improve the Service for you in a way that does not require anyone to look at your Content. This may include, for example:
- Making sure you find what you’re looking for when you search your account.
- Showing you information most relevant to how you are or could be using the Service at a specific time or location.
- To provide troubleshooting and customer support, our Customer Support team may need to access your information, such as your account email address and information about the Retana application you are using, subject to the protections described below.
- In accordance with your communication preferences, we’ll occasionally contact you to announce new products and features we build for you, share tips for using Retana to get more done, make special offers, and provide information about how Retana works.
Would someone at Retana ever view my Content?
You have control over who sees your Content. We limit the use of your Content to make sure that no one at Retana can view it unless you expressly give us permission or it’s necessary to comply with our legal obligations. Specifically:
- To help refine or improve the technology, we may ask you for permission to review portions of your Content. For example, if our AI has mis-identified some aspects of a photo, we may give you an opportunity to provide us feedback on how well the feature is performing along with a sample of the Content in question, so we can make sure this feature provides appropriately tailored suggestions. Such access to your Content is done only with your express permission and is subject to strict confidentiality rules and data access controls. Choosing to give us such permission is completely voluntary.
- If you contact our Customer Support team for help with specific pieces of Content in your account, we may ask for your temporary permission to look at your Content. This permission terminates when the issue is resolved.
- If we become aware of a potential violation of our a Terms of Service or User Guidelines, we may suspend or close your account until the problematic material is removed. Under such a circumstance, we would only look at the Content in your account if you give us consent or if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including to protect the safety of you or any other person.
To test and improve our product offerings for our users, we use aggregated data that does not contain any personal information, does not identify any person, and cannot be connected to any specific user. This policy is not intended to apply to such anonymized/de-identified data.
How does Retana share or disclose my information?
Retana is not in the business of selling or renting your information. We do not share your information with any third parties for their own advertising purposes.
In the event of a merger, sale, or reorganization of all or part of our business, information covered by this policy may be transferred in connection with that deal.
How does Retana respond to legal requests for my information?
We vigilantly protect the privacy of your account. We will not disclose your information to law enforcement or other governmental authorities unless we believe it is required to comply with warrants, court orders, subpoenas, or other lawful government requests. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards of due process.
We narrowly interpret all information requests, and we only disclose Content in your account that is specifically responsive to a government warrant or where you have provided your explicit consent. We will notify you if we believe we are compelled to comply with a third party’s legal demand for your information.
In addition, in rare cases, we may share your information as necessary to investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service, or as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
How can I manage my information stored in Retana?
Consistent with our first law of data protection—your data is yours—in most cases, you can manage your information simply by logging into your account and editing your information directly within the Retana service.
However, if you prefer, you can contact us to ask us to provide access to, correct, update, or delete your personal information. Please note that we may ask you for proof of account ownership and/or identity before fulfilling your request.
What happens if I want to stop using Retana?
You can delete your Content at any time, and you can stop using the Retana service at any time.
If you delete your Content and then sync, it will no longer be accessible to you. The Retana service’s back-up systems may retain residual copies of your deleted Content for up to one year due to the nature of those systems’ operations.
What happens if Retana closes my account?
If Retana deactivates your account due to a TOS violation, then you may contact us to request deletion of your Content, and we will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
Where does Retana store my information?
When you use Retana on your computing device, some of your data will be stored locally on that device.
When you sync your computing device with the Service, that data will be replicated on servers maintained in the United States. This means that if you store information in or submit data to the Retana Software and sync such Retana Software with the Retana service, you acknowledge your personal information will be transmitted to, hosted, and accessed in the United States.